Friday, July 31, 2009

Yet one more thing I don't understand . . .

So I've just sat on my arse watching the NCIS marathon - well, not all of it of course - and USA network keeps showing previews starring some girl who just lost her husband, and she keeps saying, "I lovED him". Keep watching every show about a dead person, and they'll continue to say loved in the past tense.

I know that this sounds trite and probably quite silly, but actors and actresses say this all the time in fictitious shows, and it makes me curious as to who feels this way? Think about it.

Jessie, after finding out that her loving and ridiculously sexy husband died in a freak tennis racket accident. For some reason, detectives think the grieving widow had something to do with it, and she gasps with her hand to her chest and says, "but I LOVED him". If I were her sexy dead hubby, I would haunt that bitch's ass in a heartbeat. What the hell does she mean, she looooveeddd me? I'm still lying on a slab, and I haven't even been buried and that shallow hoebag is saying she doesn't love me anymore? Have you ever heard of rigor mortis? (Sorry, bad joke.) Point being, when does love or feeling stop? And who is writing this shit???

And even more to the point, why the hell am I paying attention?? Uh oh.

1 comment:

  1. Yeap, wondered all of that too. But to say I love him means an explanation needs to come, something like, I love him, why did he leave, who would take him from me, and so forth. And then the past tense is used because the man or woman is no longer walking the earth. Tough call to make as a writer.

    ReplyDelete