Thursday, October 8, 2009

Deliver Me

Deliver me from confusion.

Deliver me from unemployment.

Deliver me from a job that I hate.

Deliver me from an unfulfilling life.

Deliver to me a man who is fun, silly, smart, and who thinks I rock (because I do).

Deliver to me the sense that no matter what's happening, there's always time to dance, and to make love.

Deliver me from having hate in my heart.

Deliver me from building walls around the best parts of myself.

Deliver me from ever losing my sense of curiosity and imagination.

Deliver me a check for a million dollars.

Deliver me from squandering what I do have.

Deliver me the sense that where I am is where I am supposed to be.

Deliver me peace.

Deliver me wine.

Deliver me fantastic friendships that grow and bloom.

Deliver me a poet's heart, a warrior's skill, and a shrewd investor's mind.

Deliver me from ever losing sight of the beauty in everyday things.

Deliver me the desire to actually eat my 5 veggies per day, and not 5 donuts for breakfast.

And finally, deliver me pizza within 30 minutes.

1 comment: