Saturday, October 10, 2009

Step Away From The TORNADO

Sometimes I shake my head at myself in bewilderment, and say, "Oh Jessie." That's sometimes all I really can do because, very often, I surprise the hell out of even myself. Let's recap:

I moved to Charlotte on June 1, with the intention to develop "roots" there, insert myself into the community and make that place my home. I worked for a good friend of mine while I interviewed for my dream job - of the Charlotte Jess, anyway - and I landed that job after 6 weeks of interviews. It would have been my highest salary, paid benefits, and a paid-for MBA. So you can see why that would be a dream job? Security and opportunity. Six weeks later, the company I worked for went under.

I am, psychologically, wrecked. So I loaded Foster into my car and headed back to Indiana. For some clarity, and some peace of mind, and of yeah, to see about a guy. To see about some residual feelings that snuck up on me and cuffed me upside the head.


PLEASE HOLD. TAKING MY MOM OUT TO LUNCH FOR HER BIRTHDAY ; ) DON'T WORRY, I'LL FINISH. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment