Friday, April 24, 2009

A litany of realizations

A friend & classmate of mine recently wrote a poem entitled "I've come to realize", and it got me thinking what I have come to realize in my lifetime.

I've come to realize that free never means free.

I've come to realize that sex without love is an invitation to disaster.

I've come to realize that I like the sound of Foster's paws scraping on wood floors over the glamour of a nightclub.

I've come to realize that I am terrified of dying, but I really don't do much living.

I've come to realize that walking around naked is fine, except when the blinds are open and I'm surrounded by male neighbors.

I've come to realize that my bawdy sense of humor is just who I am, and that likely won't change.

I've come to realize that I'm not sure if I want kids someday, or if I don't . . .

And I've come to realize that it's okay that I don't know yet.

I've come to realize that I don't give myself enough credit.

I've come to realize that people with poor grammar really, really piss me off.

I've come to realize that the more people yell, the more I stop listening.

I've come to realize that I love puppy kisses.

I've come to realize that I love summer nights, and winter days.

I've come to realize that someday I'll be a hermit - if I can afford it.

I've come to realize that I deserve better, and that's no small feat.

I've come to realize that I have really big feet.

I've come to realize that I would get a foot reduction before I would get a breast augmentation.

I've come to realize that having a regular sleep pattern is the key to being a happy, kind person.

I've come to realize that I don't have a regular sleep pattern.

I've come to realize that I only take vitamins regularly if they are Flintstones brand.

I've come to realize that I would rather read a book than lose control.

I've come to realize that I am better than what I give myself credit for.

I've come to realize that knowledge is the best investment I can think of.

I've come to realize that I keep people at arm's length, though I may want to invite them in closer.

I've come to realize that it's okay to voice my opposition to anything I want to, as long as I do it respectfully.

I've come to realize that I have a pretty good life, and that I am a lucky person.

2 comments: