Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Last 365 of 20-Something

Today is my birthday. I am 29. Not in the "Hey, I'm 40, but it's cute to say that I'm 29' kind of way - I'm actually 29. The first day of the final year of my twenties.

THIS is a sexy age to be. I've come to a few major decisions regarding this year. I'm going to LIVE, and live well, and live like the seat of my pants are on fire.

I'm still working on the details.

I have come up with a short list of things I want to do. My aunt Kathy remarked on my Facebook page that I have really lived whereas others have just dreamed. I agree, to a point, but I still don't feel like I've taken the huge bite out of life that I would like. I still feel like, if I were sitting in a room with my friends and we shared life experiences, I would still be behind in the game.

For example, SEVERAL of my friends have spent extended amounts of time overseas. I don't even have a passport.

That's #1. Get a passport.

Now here's a short list of a brain dump of things that I will check off my bucket list before the big 3-0.

#2 Use the passport. Go anywhere. I don't care, anywhere.

#3 Skydive. Fuck it. Fall and hope the chute opens. (Maybe I'll do this toward the end of this upcoming year, just in case.)

#4 Learn to climb.

#4 Turn off the t.v. Actually, sell the t.v., and listen to music, books, silence. Whatever. (This isn't a financial hardship because I paid $25 for it at Goodwill).

#5 Have a threesome. Yeah, I said it. :)

#6 Go to Mardi Gras. And do it up. Beads, beads, everywhere beads! Pee in the streets! Get dirrrty, and totally lose myself in the fantasy of it all.

#7 Get a motorcycle.

#8 Walk a meditation path at night, by candle light.

What else? What's on your bucket list that I can steal in the last year of my twenties?

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could help girl: most of those are a few on my bucket list, except number 5. Hmmm, I'm nearly 50, and I'm still wanting to "go live life." Maybe I should join you? LOL

    ReplyDelete