Tuesday, February 24, 2009

perspective

Aah, I can be such an ass. I was just whining about having a shitty day, for no reason, and I checked my work e mail. My coworker, and friend, had surgery today. A tumor was wrapped around her spine, and the surgeons didn't know if she would be able to walk again afterwards. I went to visit her, and she is moving her legs, grateful to walk. Grateful to have the use of her legs. Now, my problems are selfish and needless. She's wonderful, and I've been silly.

2 comments:

  1. Camel lights? Why not go for Luckie Strikes, or Camel Unfiltered if the pack lasts six months. Seriously, I appreciated your poem a few blogs bag. It stayed with me for days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckie Strikes? Never heard of those. Now, American Spirits - I like the bright yellow and the happy Native American Dancer. Argh! My naughy pleasures revealed.

    Your post makes me think of the Cat Stevens' song: Moonshadow. It sounds trite of me, as if I am making flippant application to your friend's situation. Not at all. I often sing Moonshadow to myself as a way of keeping perspective. I've been singing it a lot lately. I guess this is why it's fresh in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete