Sunday, June 21, 2009

In The Light Of A Brand New Day . . . .

I'm so glad I didn't confront the person who made me feel invisible. Normally I'm quite an up front, in-your-face person with an outgoing personality, but for once (Thank God!) I did the right thing and kept my big trap shut. There are certain things you can change, but how others see you is up to them - not you. Not me. As far as how it makes me feel when someone sees me as something I'm not, what can I do about that? I'm pretty multifaceted, but what I feel makes up the core of me is not exactly what others see. I'm speaking in generalities, I know, but you know what I'm talking about. This happens to everyone. If we could wear our hearts on our sleeves all the time, perhaps we would be seen more clearly by others.

But maybe that's not always such a good thing, being seen 100 percent clearly by others. Sometimes I need to be secretive, and keep things to myself. Last night I did keep things to myself, and here in the light of day (and sobriety) I'm glad I made the right decision. Looks like I may be growing up a little bit after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment