Saturday, June 6, 2009

It Took Unemployment . . . .

It took unemployment to make me realize a few things, but tonight as I'm sitting in my roommate JD's comfy man chair digesting the Chinese takeout I just inhaled, the realizations just keep coming.

ONE: I need to take more time to stop and smell the proverbial roses. Today I was cleaning off the back deck, loving the sunshine that beat down on my shoulders while Foster played in the grass, and I realized that I don't get outside often enough. It was really pleasant!

TWO: I don't do many leisure time activities. After cleaning off the back deck, I sat in the aforementioned comfy chair while Foster slept on the red (yes, I said red) leather couch, my phone rang. It was Hannah, my friend who has lived here in Charlotte for about 5 years. She's another Indiana transplant, and thank goodness for that! She's the best. She and her friend Chrissy were at the pool with their kids, and she wondered if I would like to join. My knee jerk reaction was to say thanks, but no. WHAT?? It's a beautiful day, sunny and 80, and I was going to sit inside alone. Sheesh. So i snapped myself out of it and hopped into my swimsuit and got my ass to the pool. And ya know what? I LOVED it! I think I'll do it more often.

And tonight, I'm trotting my happy ass downtown to meet some people - and meet the bottom of some drink glasses in the process. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Enjoy meeting the bottom of those glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete